The VGV02 is now finished and we are now moving over to the new improved version VGV04 and the Petite (8 bottle case) 02.
Please Watch This Excellent Video Demonstration
I remember when I was a wine wholesaler, lugging around bottles to show to prospective customers was sometimes a precarious exercise trying to make sure that nothing got broken. Additionally, airport security since the bombing scares, meant you couldn’t look after any precious bottles you wanted to transport by plane by having them in the cabin, but had to rely on the chance that the baggage handlers were not going to break them by rough handling, despite your best efforts to pack them with the most amount of protection you could think of.
So it was with some delight that I read about VinGardeValise®, a suitcase specially designed to protect your precious wine bottles when travelling, and that they were opening a distribution centre in England. I contacted Barry Wax, the inventor of this product and owner of the company distributing it in the USA, to see if we could work together on this, as I was sure that our readers would be delighted to have such a versatile product in their possession.
This product, as it says, offers an incredible level of protection for your precious bottles in a top quality 4-spinner roller wheel suitcase that is both sturdy and elegant. Check it out in this short video.
There are now two versions of this product – the VGV04 Grande – a sturdier 12 bottle case which has now superseded the VGV02 and the Petite02 which is a smaller case holding 8 bottles.
Crash-proof wine transport case made of 100% light polycarbonate for a safe transport of bottles. The dimensions of the new series VinGardeValise® Petite have been adapted. It now holds 2 to 8 750ml bottles – and NEW – also the 36cm “Schlegel”- bottles which are common particularly in Europe.
- Capacity: 2 to 8 750ml bottles – also usable as a normal travel suitcase or in combination
- Measurements: 46x31x57 cm.
- Weight (empty): 4.8 kg light weight
- Colors: silver, gray, and blue
Delivery Time: 3-10 days
Why you will love the Petite
- Built to last
- Engineered to protect your wine
- Easy to handle and maneuver
- Fully compliant with FAA and TSA luggage policies and procedures
- Easy to access and secure
- 100% polycarbonate shell with closed-cell foam
- The new asymmetrical Hinomoto wheels make the VGV® easy for you to maneuver
- A lift handle, located at the bottom of the VGV®, makes it easy to load
- The telescoping handle is constructed from 8 mm aircraft grade aluminum
- Stronger burst straps have been constructed with automotive seatbelt material
- A TSA compliant lock is flush mounted and integrated into the VGV®
- The interior zippers have been repositioned to make them easier to zip
- Foam cubes are included to use as fillers, insuring a snug fit
- The standard inserts are now 35cm, accommodating bottles with a longer neck
Order your VinGardeValise® Petite today!
Need to pack more than 8 bottles? Meet the VinGardeValise®Grande by clicking here.
Here is an interview I carried out with the owner (apologies in advance for some background noise)